Lauren Wants to Know is a Web site and community for car shoppers and those interested in Lauren Wants to Know and the McCarthy Auto Group as well as the services they provide.
- The types of information we may collect from you.
- The types of information we may disclose to third parties.
- The types of third parties to whom we may disclose information.
- How we protect the nonpublic personal information we collect about you.
- How you may instruct us to disclose certain information about you which we are not otherwise permitted to disclose by law.
As part of your registration, or at any time during which you maintain an active Lauren Wants to Know account, you may also set up a profile and provide additional information, including your first and last name, a nickname, Web site address and any additional personal information you wish to share. Anyone who visits Lauren Wants to Know will be able to view your profile information. Post information or content on this site at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other Lauren Wants to Know visitors or members.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and birth date.
- Information we collect or that you provide to us when you visit our Web site, such as your name, address, telephone numbers or e-mail addresses; if you request e-mail contact from us or send us an e-mail, we may retain your e-mail address and the messages themselves. We do utilize “cookies” in connection with our website. A “cookie” is an online device used to determine when a visit to the site has occurred and to track your activity within the site. Cookies are often used online and do not harm your computer. You have the option of programming your computer to prevent a cookie from being accepted.
HOW WE PROTECT THE NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. We take our responsibility to protect your nonpublic personal information very seriously. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of the information we collect. We require any third party who receives information about you from us to agree to keep that information confidential and to use the information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
CHILDREN: The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Lauren Wants to Know does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides Personal Information through the Lauren Wants to Know represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If Lauren Wants to Know learns that Personal Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through this site then Lauren Wants to Know will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE: Lauren Wants to Know may contain links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any Personal Information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Lauren Wants to Know or on Social Networks. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Information.
You may modify or delete any of your personal information on Lauren Wants to Know at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to deactivate your Lauren Wants to Know account, you may do so by contacting the site administrator.
If you have a specific question regarding your privacy or our privacy practices, please contact McCarthy Auto Group.
Terms of Service
Site Administrator email
McCarthy’s legal representative