Dealership Events, Money Matters

Where did you buy your car and why?

February 15, 2010
All right, back to the basics today. I’ve got a couple of simple questions that may give me some insight into making the car buying experience great for every person that walks in our door. So tell me: 1. Where did you buy your last car? 2. Why did you decide to buy there? and 3. What was the experience like? Don’t be afraid to share your real thoughts and concerns. If it was great, tell me about it. If it was not great, tell me about it. I wanna know why people choose a certain dealership or buyer … is it based solely on price, selection, location, reputation or experience? Or, is it a combination of it all?

You Might Also Like

  • gregg.katz February 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm

    1) McCarthy Nissan.

    2) Close to home and they were easy to work with.

    3) Great considering I got the car for my wife and when she saw it she wasn’t thrilled with the color after we had already driven off the lot with it. The next day I called to see if we were stuck with it and they said no. They had us bring it back and she got the color she wanted.

    One suggestion I think all car sellers should do. About a month after the sell, call the buyer up to check in and see how everything is. It really makes people know they were more than just a commission. I used to do this when I owned my own business.

  • Lauren McCarthy February 15, 2010 at 2:37 pm

    Thank you for commenting Gregg…And thank you for the business. I am glad that you and your wife are happy with your Nissan. I think it’s important for the dealer to be flexible and accommodating – it’s good to know that McCarthy Nissan was so with you all!
    I couldn’t agree more with you. It is so important to not only present a great buying experience, but to maintain that relationship afterwards. If you treat people right, they will do the same in return. You are essentially gaining a “customer for life.” That is how we should think of it!
    Thanks again.

  • Where did you buy your car and why? « Lauren Wants To Know · Free E-book February 15, 2010 at 8:57 pm

    […] See more here: Where did you buy your car and why? « Lauren Wants To Know […]

  • How To Choose Nissan Car Dealer | Speedtopia February 16, 2010 at 4:46 am

    […] Where did you buy your car and why? « Lauren Wants To Know […]

  • Nellie March 9, 2010 at 3:43 pm

    I am from a little town in Northwest Kansas but am living in Northeast Kansas. A couple years ago I was leaving for college in an older car with high milage. Finally, after almost a year gone by I decided to go LOOK at cars. I went back home for the weekend and went up to Nebraska to look at cars at the dealerships around that area. I had no credit, 19 years old, and a full time student. The dealer put me in a couple of cars and after explaining my situation to him he walked over to the bank and financed me. Nicest man ever and he knows a good person when he sees one. He does do this for others because he knows in some case some people have ruined their credit and can not get financed. He said 95% of the people he finances keep on top of their bills and take care of the car and even go back to him to buy their next car. The other 5% mess up and in that case he tries to work with them. He spreads out their loan and lowers the payments each month. He really tries to work with you and is a really nice guy. I went from a 1995 to a 2005 in one day. I drove off the lot in my new car and still have the car to this day, 2 yrs later, and have never missed a payment. He trusted me and gave me a chance and I would not want to ruin that. Being 19 yrs old and buying my own, technically first, car felt great and I was proud. I’ll definitely keep my business with him. I realize this dealership is in a small town and that isn’t always easy to do in a city but WOW!! That is so awesome for a salesman to do. I really think you can read good people and everyone deserves a chance if in the right mind. My mom just bought a car from him a month ago and he did the same thing for her!