- Drive slow! Big shocker … but rapid movements lead to skids and loss of control. Even you, big four-wheel drive SUVs!
- Remember — in the snow — the tires are just barely grabbing the road.
- Clean off your car — you need to see to drive!
- If you have AWD use it! If not, front-wheel drive will do.
- Snow tires: If you can’t afford four, two is better than none.
- When looking to buy a new vehicle, anti-lock brakes and vehicle stability control are good things to keep in mind during the snow season.
What a winter! This past December, a winter storm set a record in Kansas City and with all the snow on the ground, it’s a hassle to even leave home. I think I actually stayed inside three days in a row … not once stepping foot outside. To say the least, I have seen every Blockbuster hit out there! But sometimes you have to venture out. Here are some tips for driving your car in the winter wonderland.