59th Annual World of WheelsWhen: February 22-24
Where: Kansas City Convention Center, 301 West 13th Street, Kansas City
Tickets: Adults – $19 / Children 6 to 12 – $7 / Children 5 and under – FREE What’s Happening? Get an up-close look at America’s top hot rods, customs, trucks, and motorcycles. Special events at this Kansas City car show include the following:
- Pedal car challenge
- Demonstrations on car care tips
- Chop shop tricks
- Custom cars of the ’50s and ’60s
- Pinstripe Auction to make dreams come true for critically ill children
Kansas City International Auto ShowWhen: March 6-10
Where: Bartle Hall, 301 West 13th Street, Kansas City
Tickets: Adults – $12.00 / Kids 8 to 12 – $6.00 / Kids 7 and under – FREE What’s Happening? Approximately 500 new cars will be on display in this festive atmosphere. See the vehicles everyone is talking about this year!
- The Kansas City auto show has teamed with Paradise Park, Kansas City’s premier family destination, to make the show fun for the entire family. Bounce houses, pedal cars, time trial races for kids, a crafts corner, a giant dartboard, and more will entertain the younger auto enthusiasts.
- Virtually test drive Toyota vehicles in real-world driving conditions through downtown Kansas City, without leaving the safety of Bartle Hall.
- Local food trucks will have fantastic food for sale. Wine plus craft and domestic beers can be enjoyed in a casual atmosphere.
- Vintage and classic cars from the Kansas City Automotive Museum and private collectors will be displayed.
- MAXX, a9-foot robot, will amaze guests with his intelligence on Saturday and Sunday.
Kansas City Elks Car and Bike ShowWhen: July 6
Where: 515 East 99th Street, Kansas City.
Tickets: FREE! What’s Happening? This 6th annual car show presents some of Kansas City’s most interesting vehicles in an outdoor arena. Visitors can enjoy “car strolling” and the following events and activities:
- Live music by Damaged Goods from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Door prizes, raffles, and 50/50 pot
- Games such as Rod Drop and Washers
- A beer garden
- Food concessions by Bikers Against Child Abuse (B.A.C.A.). (All proceeds will be used to help abused children and their families.)
- Awards will be announced at 3 p.m.
Kansas City Automotive MuseumWhen: Tuesday to Saturday (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) & Sunday (noon to 5 p.m.)
Where: 15095 West 116th Street, Olathe, Kansas
Tickets: Adults – $9 / Seniors and Military – $8 / Students – $7 / Children 5 and under – FREE What’s Happening? The museum features 30 cars that rotate every four to six months, plus 28 reader boards and interactive exhibits that illustrate Kansas City’s rich automotive history. A drive-in outdoor space is dedicated to the car club of the month, as well. February is Drag City Month and March is AMC Month. Come for Cars and Coffee in the drive-in area every first and third Saturday of each month for…well, coffee and cars. Check their website for additional events that are not yet announced. Your engine ready to purr yet? Then mark your calendar and attend these Kansas City car shows. If you’d like to submit information and details about another auto show for 2019, reach out to me! Sources: autorama.com/attend/kansascity/