- Research I cannot stress how important this step is. If you go car shopping without knowing exactly what you want, it can be overwhelming. Research online and ask questions so that you can narrow down to the top 2 or 3 cars. This will help eliminate stress and save a ton of time.
- Apply for a Car Loan Once you apply and are approved, you can either begin to save up for a down payment, or narrow down your car choice to the one that best fits your budget. Not sure where or how to apply for a car loan? We can help you here.
- Trade In If you are looking to trade in your current car for a new vehicle, then it is important that you know the value of your car. Getting appraisals from at least 3 dealerships will help you know the roundabout value of your car. From there you can either trade in for your new vehicle or decide to sell your car.
- Test Drive Okay, so you’ve taken care of the most important things, now it’s time to put your desired car to the test. Even though the car may check out on paper, you have to see if the driving style matches your driving style. Going on a test drive will seal the deal.
- Close the Deal! Congrats! You now have a brand new car! You’ve done your research, stuck to your budget, and found the perfect car for you! Now you can successfully cruise through the rest of the year.
It’s been awhile since I talked about a new up and coming vehicle. This week I want to spotlight the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano, that is coming late 2014.
Nissan has redefined the crossover. Again. They first introduced us to the Murano in 2002. A vehicle unlike any other, it was a combination of utility and style. Edmunds.com stated in early April 2014, “(2015 Murano’s) bold new styling is bound to get you noticed in a way that few other SUVs will.”
Now they have made the Murano even better! I’ll let you in on some of the features it has to offer.
1. Safety Shield- I believe this is one of the coolest features. The Murano warns you of any blind spots, predicts forward collisions, carries forward emergency braking, and provides intelligent cruise control.
2. Heated steering wheel, which every person in Kansas City will need during those cold winter months! A cool thing about this heated steering wheel is that it can be turned on remotely. Talk about convenient.
3. Advanced driving assist display (ADAD)- This feature is practically the size of a mini tablet and has every feature you can imagine. It lets you know about your tire pressure, fuel stats, weather, traffic, and can even be an extra pair of eyes for you on the road.
There are so many features in the new 2015 Nissan Murano, check it out online and get ready for an amazing crossover!“Introducing the All-New 2015 Nissan Murano Crossover.” Nissan USA. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2014.
Thinking about changing the exterior of your car? Well I have come up with some great ideas for you! Try making your car the shape of your favorite animal; such as a whale, shark, or cheetah! If that doesn’t tickle your fancy, then airbrush your favorite historical figure on your car. My personal favorite idea is changing your car’s interior and exterior into your favorite piece of fruit!
There are so many creative and talented people, and I hope they continue to create more interesting and outrageous cars!What would you turn your car into?
1. Dashboard Windshield Car Mount for smart phones: Now days we use our smart phones for everything, even for navigation. Don’t drive recklessly with your phone on your lap, but attach it to your dashboard instead! This way you can keep your eyes on the road and get the navigation you need.
2. WeatherTech Floor Mats: During the winter months sometimes your car mats can get a real beating. Your car would appreciate a purchase of a WeatherTech floor mat. This will protect your flooring and you wont have to be worried about muddy shoes! 3. Fuzzy Dice: Maybe you have a quirky and fun vehicle! Purchase something that reflects your car’s personality like red fuzzy dice! 4. CG Lock: Is your seat belt too loose for you when you’re driving fast? The CG-Lock turns your seatbelt into a performance driving advantage! 5. Kurgo Bench Dog Car Seat Cover: Are you a dog lover, and sick of having to clean the fur off of your back seat? The Kurgo cover is easy to install and machine washable, so you don’t have to ruin your car’s interior. I hope these ideas will help you find the perfect surprise for the love of your life! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Segment-first standard stop/start technology drives 14-percent improved city mileage
- New variable intake valve actuation and transmission enhancements also contribute to greater efficiency
- New Text-to-Voice feature ‘read’ text messages over the audio system; allow hands-free responses via MyLink
FUN FACT: Dealers profit from you buying cars (Way to go, Captain Obvious — yes I know… but wait for it). Here are the ways they profit from you: A. The negotiating price for the trade-in. B. The negotiation price for the new car. C. Scams in the business office post-negotiations.5. Fundamentals — AKA bring your drivers license (particularly if you’re going to test drive). 6. Up next is credit history knowledge. I cannot stress this enough: make sure you bring your credit history, in the flesh, with you. All the flashy commercials you see on TV are generally ideal for people with stellar credit history. This doesn’t mean none of the deals will apply to you, but don’t expect to get a cheap-o car just because of something you saw on TV. Your credit score will reflect the car dealership’s faith in you. Simply put, the better your credit score, the easier the car-buying. 7. Another necessary document is your proof of insurance card. You’ll need this especially if you’re applying for a car loan at the dealership. If you don’t have full insurance on a vehicle before walking onto the lot, make sure you contact your insurance company immediately after the purchase, with the car’s year, make and model, VIN, and number of miles on the car. Once your company has received all the necessary paperwork, and you’ve made the payment, they can send proof of insurance to the dealership and you can take your new car home. 8. Itty-bitty details that’ll save you in huge ways: -Know the competition. Dealerships don’t like it when someone else sells the same car for a lot cheaper, so if you’re aware of any deals at other dealerships, toss your knowledge out there and see where it gets you price-wise. -They can’t run a credit history check on you without your permission. In fact, it’s illegal. -Don’t give the dealer your Social Security Number. -It’s best to buy a new car the last two weeks of December, or between July and October, so hold out for those dates and you’ll get the best price. -APR means Annual Percentage Rates. The low rates posted during commercials are, like I mentioned earlier, usually only for people with perfect credit, OR they only last for a certain period of time before they go up. -Most car buyers these days make an initial down payment (a nice chunk of money), and then finance a balance (AKA they make monthly car payments to pay off the rest). -Look for the best interest rate… seriously. And read the fine print. Some dealerships will only have a low interest rate for the first year and then it’ll shoot up. Keep an eye on these guys.