- 80% of youth in the Clubs took part in at least one community service activity each month
- 82% of involved youth showed an improved attitude towards learning
- 90% of parents surveyed reported that their children’s participation in the Clubs have helped keep their children off, and away from drugs
- 91% of youth involved in the Clubs’ computer classes showed increased knowledge and problem-solving skills
- 1 in 8 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer
- If breast cancer continues at its current rate, 10.6 million women will die from the disease in the next 25 years
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die
- McCarthy Auto Group will be donating $10 for each New & Used vehicle sold in October, with these proceeds being donated to the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge in downtown Kansas City
- Everyone is invited to join McCarthy Auto Group for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on October 25th at Liberty Memorial at 9:00am
- You can also donate to the cause for the cancer walk on the McCarthy group donation page, here!
- All customers have the option to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar to donate to the cause as well!
- Each McCarthy Auto Group store will be selling pink bracelets for breast cancer awareness
- A pink-wrapped Camaro will be traveling around to various locations this month, allowing customers to take a picture with the car and post to the dealership Facebook page to spread awareness
1. Steak and Veggie Kabobs with Creamy Avocado Dipping Sauce- I don’t know about you, but I love Kabobs! I never thought about dipping them into an avocado sauce! That is why this recipe is genius. Take a look here on Eat, Live, Run blog: http://bit.ly/SswlA
2. Old- Fashioned Burger Stand Burgers- Call me old fashion, but I love a classic hamburger! That is why this recipe is on the top of my list! Thanks to Willow Bird Baking, we can now eat some great burgers this Memorial day: http://bit.ly/1t2ZlJR
3. Hot Dog Buns Recipe- A hot dog is nothing without a great bun! This memorial day, try baking these fresh, warm, and delicious hot dog buns! Check it out on Wilma’s blog: http://bit.ly/1nAMgpG
Let me know if you used one of these recipes, and I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!
1. Noises: If you’re hearing a clunking or whining noise, it’s usually a sign that you have an issue with your vehicle. Listen to what your car is trying to tell you.
2. Leaks: Red fluid on your driveway could mean two different things: you ran over some road kill or a troubling transmission.
3. Smells: Have you ever smelled that gross burning smell? That usually means low fluids, which is a result of overheated transmission fluid.
4. Hard time shifting: If your car is a manual and you’re having a hard time shifting it could be a warning sign.
5. Check engine light: Last but not least, if the check engine light comes on.
Make sure to seek repairs as soon as possible if you are experiencing any of these warning signs.
You DONT want to miss this event! Come celebrate the grand opening of the new McCarthy Toyota dealership. If you crave BBQ as much as I do, then you are going to love the BBQ competition, plus more free food. Feel free to bring your family, because there’s going to be live music and face painting. If you’re looking for a car, then you’ll want to check out the deals on the new and used vehicles. During the event you will receive a 39” TV with every vehicle that you purchase!
Did I mention the various prizes at the event? You could win a 50” flat screen TV, a two year lease on a 2014 Toyota Corolla S2, Royals tickets, or an autographed Jamaal Charles helmet!
Location: 3110 West Broadway Boulevard
Sedalia, MO 65301
Date: May 17th
Time: 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
To view more details click below:http://mccarthytoyotaofsedalia.com/Grand-Opening-Celebration/
It’s been awhile since I talked about a new up and coming vehicle. This week I want to spotlight the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano, that is coming late 2014.
Nissan has redefined the crossover. Again. They first introduced us to the Murano in 2002. A vehicle unlike any other, it was a combination of utility and style. Edmunds.com stated in early April 2014, “(2015 Murano’s) bold new styling is bound to get you noticed in a way that few other SUVs will.”
Now they have made the Murano even better! I’ll let you in on some of the features it has to offer.
1. Safety Shield- I believe this is one of the coolest features. The Murano warns you of any blind spots, predicts forward collisions, carries forward emergency braking, and provides intelligent cruise control.
2. Heated steering wheel, which every person in Kansas City will need during those cold winter months! A cool thing about this heated steering wheel is that it can be turned on remotely. Talk about convenient.
3. Advanced driving assist display (ADAD)- This feature is practically the size of a mini tablet and has every feature you can imagine. It lets you know about your tire pressure, fuel stats, weather, traffic, and can even be an extra pair of eyes for you on the road.
There are so many features in the new 2015 Nissan Murano, check it out online and get ready for an amazing crossover!“Introducing the All-New 2015 Nissan Murano Crossover.” Nissan USA. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2014.
I love style and I love cars! So it’s only right to do a blog post about matching the two together!
Take a look and find what vehicle you would be with your style!Let me know in the comments below.
Do you have the need for speed? Well we’ve got just the thing for you! Come out to the Lakeside Speedway where you can watch some sprint car racing.
Get tickets for the McCarthy Auto Group KC Klassic on March 8th, where 360ci sprint cars will speed across the half-mile dirt track for the first time since 2008. This will be an exciting event seeing as NASCAR weekend will be starting off just a few miles away.
McCarthy Auto Group loves the local dirt track racing in Kansas City, and so they will be the primary sponsor for the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Race. I hope all of you that love dirt track racing and break-neck speeds will come and cheer these sprint car racers on!
To purchase tickets go to www.TBJPromotions.com
You’re having a bad day and all you need to do is get out of the house and onto some open road. You just can’t wait to speed away in your Nissan Altima. You put on your seatbelt, put on your favorite playlist, and put the pedal to the metal.
Just your luck, you hit every red light.
“Blast!” you yell out loud.
You look ahead, and there it is a custom license plate. But it’s not just any custom license plate, it’s happens to be hilarious.
The plate reads, “JedI IAM”. You start to laugh, and all of the sudden your day seems brighter.
Custom license plates, especially clever or funny ones, can make anyone smile on the road.
What was the best custom license plate that you have ever seen?
Don’t leave your furry companion at home this weekend, I’m not talking about your husband!
I have some tips for traveling with your dog.
Tip #1. Safety first! Animals should be just as secured and safe as your human passengers! Perhaps you didn’t know this but you can buy seat belts for your dog! They range in sizes, so you don’t have to worry about your small dog.
Tip #2. If you’re going on a long road trip, remember that dogs get just as bored as humans. Make sure to pack toys and treats for them. If you can, try to find a spill-proof water bowl so you don’t make a mess in your car.
Tip #3. Dogs car get car sick just like anyone else. Make some stops to ensure that your dog can walk around and get some fresh air. Also, if you do leave your car, make sure to never leave your dog alone when it’s incredibly hot or freezing cold.
Those are my quick tips on how to travel with your dog!