Synthetic Oil vs. Regular OilJanuary 29, 2016
Getting an oil change is generally a pretty common and uneventful experience. However, it can be costly depending on the type of oil your car should have. You will likely hear your mechanic talk about synthetic oil, but before you give the go-ahead on this pricey job, make sure you know what the difference is.Synthetic oil is, at the base, a cleaner oil. It’s refined, distilled, and purified to get rid of any debris and impurities that regular oil possesses. This means that the oil circulates through your engine and comes out cleaner. If your engine is running cleaner, that usually means it’s going to run longer. Synthetic oil also performs better at more extreme temperatures. It is able to flow smoothly through the cold and the heat, while regular oil can break down and expose your engine to damage. However, it may not be worth the money. The biggest difference you will see with synthetic oil versus regular oil is how often you need to change it. It is recommended that you change your oil about every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, but with conventional oil it’s about 7,500. It all really comes down to how long you want your vehicle to run on a single oil change.
Signs of a Bad TransmissionMay 16, 2014
1. Noises: If you’re hearing a clunking or whining noise, it’s usually a sign that you have an issue with your vehicle. Listen to what your car is trying to tell you.
2. Leaks: Red fluid on your driveway could mean two different things: you ran over some road kill or a troubling transmission.
3. Smells: Have you ever smelled that gross burning smell? That usually means low fluids, which is a result of overheated transmission fluid.
4. Hard time shifting: If your car is a manual and you’re having a hard time shifting it could be a warning sign.
5. Check engine light: Last but not least, if the check engine light comes on.
Make sure to seek repairs as soon as possible if you are experiencing any of these warning signs.
You DONT want to miss this event! Come celebrate the grand opening of the new McCarthy Toyota dealership. If you crave BBQ as much as I do, then you are going to love the BBQ competition, plus more free food. Feel free to bring your family, because there’s going to be live music and face painting. If you’re looking for a car, then you’ll want to check out the deals on the new and used vehicles. During the event you will receive a 39” TV with every vehicle that you purchase!
Did I mention the various prizes at the event? You could win a 50” flat screen TV, a two year lease on a 2014 Toyota Corolla S2, Royals tickets, or an autographed Jamaal Charles helmet!
Location: 3110 West Broadway Boulevard
Sedalia, MO 65301
Date: May 17th
Time: 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
To view more details click below:http://mccarthytoyotaofsedalia.com/Grand-Opening-Celebration/
Up and Coming: 2015 Nissan MuranoMay 9, 2014
It’s been awhile since I talked about a new up and coming vehicle. This week I want to spotlight the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano, that is coming late 2014.
Nissan has redefined the crossover. Again. They first introduced us to the Murano in 2002. A vehicle unlike any other, it was a combination of utility and style. Edmunds.com stated in early April 2014, “(2015 Murano’s) bold new styling is bound to get you noticed in a way that few other SUVs will.”
Now they have made the Murano even better! I’ll let you in on some of the features it has to offer.
1. Safety Shield- I believe this is one of the coolest features. The Murano warns you of any blind spots, predicts forward collisions, carries forward emergency braking, and provides intelligent cruise control.
2. Heated steering wheel, which every person in Kansas City will need during those cold winter months! A cool thing about this heated steering wheel is that it can be turned on remotely. Talk about convenient.
3. Advanced driving assist display (ADAD)- This feature is practically the size of a mini tablet and has every feature you can imagine. It lets you know about your tire pressure, fuel stats, weather, traffic, and can even be an extra pair of eyes for you on the road.
There are so many features in the new 2015 Nissan Murano, check it out online and get ready for an amazing crossover!“Introducing the All-New 2015 Nissan Murano Crossover.” Nissan USA. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2014.
Do you have the need for speed? Well we’ve got just the thing for you! Come out to the Lakeside Speedway where you can watch some sprint car racing.
Get tickets for the McCarthy Auto Group KC Klassic on March 8th, where 360ci sprint cars will speed across the half-mile dirt track for the first time since 2008. This will be an exciting event seeing as NASCAR weekend will be starting off just a few miles away.
McCarthy Auto Group loves the local dirt track racing in Kansas City, and so they will be the primary sponsor for the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Race. I hope all of you that love dirt track racing and break-neck speeds will come and cheer these sprint car racers on!
To purchase tickets go to www.TBJPromotions.com
Time for Spring Cleaning! (Car Edition)March 19, 2014
The first day of spring is tomorrow, which means warmer weather and lots of chores! I know I need to do a little spring cleaning around my place, but don’t forget about the other place you live in — your car. Winter can put a lot of stress on your vehicle, and it’s easy to neglect your vehicle’s maintenance. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like cleaning my car in snow. That is why I’m getting excited for this new season!
So how do you get started on your mission to deep clean your car? One word: products! You need the right tools to get started. Edge foam tips are great for the small spaces and inbetween devices.I like having the Finger Pockets to wash the exterior of my car, because I seem to always drop my wash cloth on the ground. Make sure to have a detail exterior drush for the outside rims. Finally, for the interior of the car, don’t forget to have a smooth cloth so you don’t scratch surfaces.
The next step in spring cleaning is the cleaners. Now, there are a lot of different cleaners out there, but I like to use the Mr. Pink shampoo on my car. It lathers so many thick suds on my car! And for the interior of my car I choose to use a multi-purpose interior auto cleaner. It gets the job done, and it is only $5.29 at your local market.
Lastly, remember to clear out the garbage inside your car and to vacuum the interior!
The Lucky Five! [Shoot to Win Giveaway]March 14, 2014
Congratulations to those that were picked for the Shoot to Win drawing. One of the lucky five will get the chance to shoot for a brand new car!
The other four won’t be leaving empty handed. Each will have a chance to win a gas card up to $200! So who are these lucky winners?
Jason L. Hughes
Haley Dawn Watson
Thank you to all those who participated and to McCarthy Auto Group for making this possible!
5 Friendly Car Pranks to Play on a Friend!February 26, 2014
April Fool’s Day is right around the corner and you know what that means! PRANKS, and lots of them. This year, changing your Facebook relationship status isn’t going to cut it. You’re ready to think outside the box, and really get your friends good.
I am right there with you. Everyone has a mischievous side to them, right? That is why I came up with five great — but friendly — car prank ideas.1. Find your friend’s car and write a fake apology for hitting their vehicle. When they get to their car they will see the note, and walk around aimlessly trying to find where the dent/ scratch is. This is an easy prank to pull on someone and you could easily do it to multiple people. It’s also not very costly; all you need is a marker and a couple of notecards.
2. Plastic wrap your friend’s car! Buy Saran wrap from the grocery store (enough to wrap a car a couple times) and then leave a pair of scissors. (That way it’s friendlier and easier for them to get inside their car.)
3. Heart-attack a car! This is the same concept as decorating a car full of Post-It notes. Try finding Post-It notes in the shape of hearts, or you could cut out the hearts yourself. Then when your friend is away, start sticking! This could be a nice way to show how much you love them, and that you love to have fun with them.
4. If you can get the keys to your friend’s car, try filling it up full of some random item. Start collecting something now! It could be cups, confetti, packaging styrofoam, dorito bags… ANYTHING! Just have fun with it.
5. When all else fails, just try moving their vehicle to another location — like these pranksters!