Getting an oil change is generally a pretty common and uneventful experience. However, it can be costly depending on the type of oil your car should have. You will likely hear your mechanic talk about synthetic oil, but before you give the go-ahead on this pricey job, make sure you know what the difference is.Synthetic oil is, at the base, a cleaner oil. It’s refined, distilled, and purified to get rid of any debris and impurities that regular oil possesses. This means that the oil circulates through your engine and comes out cleaner. If your engine is running cleaner, that usually means it’s going to run longer. Synthetic oil also performs better at more extreme temperatures. It is able to flow smoothly through the cold and the heat, while regular oil can break down and expose your engine to damage. However, it may not be worth the money. The biggest difference you will see with synthetic oil versus regular oil is how often you need to change it. It is recommended that you change your oil about every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, but with conventional oil it’s about 7,500. It all really comes down to how long you want your vehicle to run on a single oil change.
1. Steak and Veggie Kabobs with Creamy Avocado Dipping Sauce- I don’t know about you, but I love Kabobs! I never thought about dipping them into an avocado sauce! That is why this recipe is genius. Take a look here on Eat, Live, Run blog: http://bit.ly/SswlA
2. Old- Fashioned Burger Stand Burgers- Call me old fashion, but I love a classic hamburger! That is why this recipe is on the top of my list! Thanks to Willow Bird Baking, we can now eat some great burgers this Memorial day: http://bit.ly/1t2ZlJR
3. Hot Dog Buns Recipe- A hot dog is nothing without a great bun! This memorial day, try baking these fresh, warm, and delicious hot dog buns! Check it out on Wilma’s blog: http://bit.ly/1nAMgpG
Let me know if you used one of these recipes, and I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!
1. Noises: If you’re hearing a clunking or whining noise, it’s usually a sign that you have an issue with your vehicle. Listen to what your car is trying to tell you.
2. Leaks: Red fluid on your driveway could mean two different things: you ran over some road kill or a troubling transmission.
3. Smells: Have you ever smelled that gross burning smell? That usually means low fluids, which is a result of overheated transmission fluid.
4. Hard time shifting: If your car is a manual and you’re having a hard time shifting it could be a warning sign.
5. Check engine light: Last but not least, if the check engine light comes on.
Make sure to seek repairs as soon as possible if you are experiencing any of these warning signs.
You DONT want to miss this event! Come celebrate the grand opening of the new McCarthy Toyota dealership. If you crave BBQ as much as I do, then you are going to love the BBQ competition, plus more free food. Feel free to bring your family, because there’s going to be live music and face painting. If you’re looking for a car, then you’ll want to check out the deals on the new and used vehicles. During the event you will receive a 39” TV with every vehicle that you purchase!
Did I mention the various prizes at the event? You could win a 50” flat screen TV, a two year lease on a 2014 Toyota Corolla S2, Royals tickets, or an autographed Jamaal Charles helmet!
Location: 3110 West Broadway Boulevard
Sedalia, MO 65301
Date: May 17th
Time: 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
To view more details click below:http://mccarthytoyotaofsedalia.com/Grand-Opening-Celebration/
It’s been awhile since I talked about a new up and coming vehicle. This week I want to spotlight the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano, that is coming late 2014.
Nissan has redefined the crossover. Again. They first introduced us to the Murano in 2002. A vehicle unlike any other, it was a combination of utility and style. Edmunds.com stated in early April 2014, “(2015 Murano’s) bold new styling is bound to get you noticed in a way that few other SUVs will.”
Now they have made the Murano even better! I’ll let you in on some of the features it has to offer.
1. Safety Shield- I believe this is one of the coolest features. The Murano warns you of any blind spots, predicts forward collisions, carries forward emergency braking, and provides intelligent cruise control.
2. Heated steering wheel, which every person in Kansas City will need during those cold winter months! A cool thing about this heated steering wheel is that it can be turned on remotely. Talk about convenient.
3. Advanced driving assist display (ADAD)- This feature is practically the size of a mini tablet and has every feature you can imagine. It lets you know about your tire pressure, fuel stats, weather, traffic, and can even be an extra pair of eyes for you on the road.
There are so many features in the new 2015 Nissan Murano, check it out online and get ready for an amazing crossover!“Introducing the All-New 2015 Nissan Murano Crossover.” Nissan USA. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2014.
I love style and I love cars! So it’s only right to do a blog post about matching the two together!
Take a look and find what vehicle you would be with your style!Let me know in the comments below.
Do you have the need for speed? Well we’ve got just the thing for you! Come out to the Lakeside Speedway where you can watch some sprint car racing.
Get tickets for the McCarthy Auto Group KC Klassic on March 8th, where 360ci sprint cars will speed across the half-mile dirt track for the first time since 2008. This will be an exciting event seeing as NASCAR weekend will be starting off just a few miles away.
McCarthy Auto Group loves the local dirt track racing in Kansas City, and so they will be the primary sponsor for the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Race. I hope all of you that love dirt track racing and break-neck speeds will come and cheer these sprint car racers on!
To purchase tickets go to www.TBJPromotions.com
You’re having a bad day and all you need to do is get out of the house and onto some open road. You just can’t wait to speed away in your Nissan Altima. You put on your seatbelt, put on your favorite playlist, and put the pedal to the metal.
Just your luck, you hit every red light.
“Blast!” you yell out loud.
You look ahead, and there it is a custom license plate. But it’s not just any custom license plate, it’s happens to be hilarious.
The plate reads, “JedI IAM”. You start to laugh, and all of the sudden your day seems brighter.
Custom license plates, especially clever or funny ones, can make anyone smile on the road.
What was the best custom license plate that you have ever seen?
It’s a cool brisk Saturday morning and you’re excited to go shopping for yourself. You deserve it after a brutal week at work. Walking towards your car, you’re already thinking about all the stores you want to hit up.“Maybe I’ll buy those cute strappy sandals from that boutique,” you think as you open the car door.
Hopping into the drivers seat you place the key into the ignition and… nothing! Thinking there might have been a fluke, you try it again. Dread washes over you when you realize that, yes, your car won’t start.
“I have to get those cute strappy sandals,” you yell out loud.
No worries, I’m here to help solve the mystery of why your car won’t start.
#1. Dead Battery- My first thought would be check to see if you left any lights on in your car. Even the smallest light can drain your battery if left on for too long. If you have a battery tester then that is great! If you do believe that your battery is dead then try jump starting your car. If your car starts right away, most likely the problem was just a dead battery. You can always get it replaced or have someone clean the connections. Over time battery connections can become dirty or corroded. Bad connections can make it difficult to start your car as well.
#2. Faulty Fuses- Hope that it is just a faulty fuse. It’s easy to get them replaced! You can tell when a fuse is blown, because the fine wires in the casing will be broken and there will be discoloring. (Few cars have faulty fuses related to starting systems, but your car might be one of them)
#3. Ignition Switch Problems- Your ignition switch could be the problem if it wasn’t your fuse or your battery. One sure sign that it could be the ignition switch is if you turn your key and the red warning lights on your dash don’t ever light up.
#4. Bad Starter- If you’re getting current to the starter but it just keeps spinning, it most likely needs to be replaced. I would recommend having someone help you test this, seeing as it could be slightly dangerous to do own your own.
There are some other reasons why your car won’t start, but hopefully this will help eliminate possibilities! So you can get back on the road and buy those cute strappy sandals!