Washing down the ride...
After the harsh winter we had this year, it’s time to get your vehicle into shape for the warmer months! After all the sleet, ice and salt, our vehicles are in need of a good, clean bath. And what better time to give your car a little TLC than April, National Car Care Month?
First off, let’s get the outside of those cars clean! A good hand wash is very important. Check out the condition of your vehicle by looking for any damage to the paint, scratches or chips.
Here are some more tips for spring cleaning your car:
- You will want to rid your vehicle of any salt or dirt residue. The salt can destroy the paint on your vehicle, so you want to make sure you check every nook and cranny!
- A good idea for the start of spring is to get your vehicle waxed, which will help protect it from the wet weather.
- Next in line is the windshield and wipers. Make sure the glass is crack and chip free. And, if you were wiping away snow and ice, you may want to replace those wiper blades!
- Let’s move inside your ride. You want to make sure your carpet is clean. A good shampoo will help remove any salt and dirt from the floors.
- Don’t forget to check the condition of your interior, whether it’s leather, cloth or vinyl. Give them a good vacuum or shampoo if needed.
- Visibility is always important! So make sure to give your windows a nice rub down.
Now that your ride is shining, get on the road and enjoy the spring weather!
Do you have any car tips you’d like to share with me?
It's hard work buffing out a car!