Wow! 32 mpg on an SUV!
With gas prices fluctuating and a hot demand for SUVs and crossover vehicles, fuel efficiency is very important. Whether you drive a monster Silverado Heavy Duty or a petite Hyundai accent, saving is still saving!
Here’s some tips on how to drive more efficiently — and save some money on gas:
- Drive Smart: Heavy accelerating and braking wastes gas so avoid both as much as you can.
- Keep it Clean: Don’t treat your vehicle like an empty closet or suitcase … it’s a car, not a storage device. Excess weight wastes gas cause there’s more to move around.
- Cruise, baby: If you can, use cruise control on the highway — maintaining a steady speed saves on gas.
- Keep tires afloat: Proper tire pressure and inflation is crucial. “Under inflated tires can add 6% to your fuel consumption, which could easily translate into burning an extra gallon of gas with every fill up if you’re getting around 20 MPG.”
- All Oiled-up: Use the recommended oil for your vehicle and and change it when recommended. Clean oil gets better gas mileage than dirty.
Following these simple tips will keep your pocket books full and your significant other happy! For more information on saving gas and choosing the right vehicle for you, check out www.fueleconomy.gov
Do you have a gas saving tip that you swear by? Let me know in the comments!
most fuel efficient crossover out there