1. Noises: If you’re hearing a clunking or whining noise, it’s usually a sign that you have an issue with your vehicle. Listen to what your car is trying to tell you.
2. Leaks: Red fluid on your driveway could mean two different things: you ran over some road kill or a troubling transmission.
3. Smells: Have you ever smelled that gross burning smell? That usually means low fluids, which is a result of overheated transmission fluid.
4. Hard time shifting: If your car is a manual and you’re having a hard time shifting it could be a warning sign.
5. Check engine light: Last but not least, if the check engine light comes on.
Make sure to seek repairs as soon as possible if you are experiencing any of these warning signs.