There’s nothing like the memory of your first car, your first drive alone in that car, and your first time behind the wheel with a car full of friends!
But do any of you have fond memories of your drivers ed class and test? I sure don’t! Drivers ed was terribly boring and I remember wondering if I’d ever make it through to the other side. There’s so much riding on that little test!
Now that it’s been more than a decade since that test, I wondered whether or not I could pass the test again today.
I figured my blog readers might be wondering too, so I created a little pop quiz, just for fun.
Answer the questions below to see how much you remember from good ol’ drivers ed days! (Answers listed at the bottom of this post!) Let me know how you did in the comments below!
1. All of the following colors are typically used for informational road signs, except for this color:
- a. green
- b. orange
- c. brown
- d. blue
2. A double solid yellow line indicates:
- a. that no passing is allowed
- b. that passing is permitted if it is safe to do so
- c. that it is illegal to make left turns
- d. that the speed limit will not exceed 35 MPH
3. You should signal how many feet before making a turn?
- a. 25 feet
- b. 50 feet
- c. 100 feet
- d. 200 feet
4. When planning to make a left turn across an intersection and you are waiting in the middle of the intersection for the traffic to clear, your front tires should be turned:
- a. to the left
- b. it depends on the sharpness of the turn
- c. straight ahead
- d. to the right
5. When passing another vehicle, you can exceed the speed limit when:
- a. passing a group of cars
- b. never
- c. whenever you are passing a single car
- d. when you’re obstructing the passing lane
6. The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only when:
- a. the driver is on any highway out of the city
- b. the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn
- c. the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a right turn
- d. none of the above
7. When you hear an emergency vehicle coming down the road, you must:
- a. pull off to the right
- b. pull off to the left
- c. stop where you car
- d. speed up
8. If a car comes up speeding behind you in the left lane on the highway, you should:
- a. go faster
- b. go slower to teach him the speed limit
- c. move into the right lane to let him pass
- d. do nothing
9. When merging onto the freeway, you should be driving:
- a. at or near the same speed as the traffic on the freeway
- b. 5-10 MPH slower than the freeway traffic
- c. the posted speed limit for traffic on the freeway
- d. 5-10 MPH faster than freeway traffic
10. When driving in fog, you should use your:
- a. fog lights only
- b. high beams
- c. low beams
- d. turn off lights
. b / 2
. a / 3
. c / 4
. c / 5.
b / 6.
b / 7
. a / 8
. c / 9
. a / 10