This is "how not to" do it!!!
In the past, I have written blogs regarding car safety, emergency car kits, and what happens after an accident. And I’ve seemed to have left out the kiddos! So, let me elaborate on the safety of children in your car. In case you’re in an accident, this information will help the first-responders immediately determine the child’s needs in the safest and quickest way.
If your children are in car seats, you’ll want to smack a big, bright sticker on it. Now let’s talk about what’s on that sticker:
- Name of child
- Parents’ or guardians’ names
- Best phone number of parent or guardian
- Two names and phone numbers of local friends/relatives (in case parents are not available)
- List of “Medical Need to Know” regarding kids
- Any allergies – especially to medication
- Any medical conditions
- Type of formula (for a young baby)
- Name and phone number of child’s pediatrician
- Insurance information
I can’t stress the importance of car safety and preparation before getting on the road; especially if there’s a family involved! Buckle up, kiddos!