- Sprint Family Fun Series. The second Saturday of each month now through October, bring your little ones downtown for this FREE event in the Power & Light District! Each event has a different theme with varying activities. This is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon with the family!
- Loose Park. This is a Kansas City summer must. From the rose garden to the beautiful historical ambiance, this is the perfect place to take the family for some summer fun! While there often are entertaining events happening here, you could simply pack a picnic and make your own day of fun!
- Kansas City Zoo. Open seven days a week, the zoo is always an enjoyable visit! Whether you’re making your own route through the different animal exhibits or taking the African Sky Safari, you will always have a smile on your face at the zoo!
- Schlitterbahn. A trip to this water park is the perfect way to cool off from the summer heat! For the adrenaline seekers, take a ride on the Black Knight Tube Slide or the Cyclone! If slides aren’t up your alley, go for an endless float on the park’s interconnected river system. From the relaxing beaches to the thrilling water coasters, Schlitterbahn has an attraction for everyone. Trust me, take a day trip to the water park and you’ll have a splish-splashin’ good time!
“The Just For Her Event is continually looking to partner with incredible non-profits in the local communities where we host events. Our goal is to not only create memorable events for women but also events with a purpose to give back. We strive to help local non-profits raise awareness and funds to help support their amazing work they do for our communities.”You are beautiful inside and out, and you deserve to be celebrated! Get your tickets for the #JustForHerEvent here. I promise you, this is an event you don’t want to miss!
About SPCUW: Sedalia-Pettis County United Way’s mission is to unite people and resources to improve lives in our community. The Sedalia-Pettis County United Way has a proud tradition of over fifty years of service to Sedalia and Pettis County. It was founded in order to provide the most cost-effective method of raising funds for the county’s basic charitable organizations. Your local United Way is run by volunteers who plan each campaign, make policy, set goals, and budget funds. The money you contribute to United Way is used to meet the needs of people in our community. That means the overwhelming majority of your donation goes directly to our agencies!
The annual KC RiverFest, Kansas City’s premiere Independence day party, is just a few weeks away! The festival, which began in 2005, is a celebration of the area’s culture, heritage, and our nation’s birth. RiverFest helps bring together the community for an exciting, family-oriented event, whose profits directly benefit the area. This “Kansas City Riverfront Tradition” is the place to be this Fourth of July and the only holiday celebration downtown!
RiverFest is organized annually by Friends for the River – Kansas City (FOR-KC), a non-profit that formed in 2002, and whose primary goal is to mold the Riverfront into a more vibrant and dynamic area. FOR-KC seeks to address a variety of interests such as history, education, conservation, recreation, and entertainment regarding the Kansas City Riverfront. RiverFest is FOR-KC’s way of celebrating both the Missouri River, and all of the amazing organizations that ensure the Riverfront remains a special place for us to enjoy.
This year’s event offers an array of entertainment for both children and adults. KC RiverFest will feature two stages of live music, food and beverage vendors, bounce houses and craft activities, interactive booths from the Healthy River Partners, and a day of kite flying with the KC Kite Club. Once the sun goes down, RiverFest attendees will be treated to the largest fireworks show the region has to offer!
Looking to help?
If you’re interested in taking part in the event itself, RiverFest is always accepting applications for volunteers! By volunteering, you’ll have an opportunity to donate your time to an excellent, local cause benefiting Kansas City. Other perks include:
- Free admission to the festival
- A free t-shirt
- One free ticket for a friend or family member
You must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer, while some positions are only open to those 21 and up. All volunteers must report thirty minutes prior to their scheduled start time to check in.
Date: Monday, July 4
Time: 4 PM
Location: Richard L. Berkley Riverfront Park
From 4 PM to 5 PM admission is FREE! After 5 PM, tickets are five dollars which must be paid for in cash at the gate. Children 12 and under will be admitted for free.
Healthy River Partnership: http://healthyriverspartnership.com/
KC Kite Club: http://kckiteclub.org/
Volunteer link: https://2016kcriverfestvolunteers.my-trs.com/