- A measure of a vehicle’s total consumption of natural resources weighed against the Earth’s ability to regenerate those resources.
- Abbreviation for front-wheel drive.
- Also known as “cap cost.” The negotiated price of a vehicle to be leased, and one of the components used to determine the monthly lease payment.
- A powertrain that combines an electric motor and an alternative means of propulsion and/or power generation. The most common type of this is gas/electric.
- A transmission that uses a clutch and a shift (gear) selector to change gears.
- A fifth wheel/tire that is stored on/in a vehicle for use if another becomes disabled.
- Anti-Lock Brake system
- The areas of a car that the driver cannot easily see
- A high-speed divided highway without intersections.
- A driving condition where the tires of a car lose traction on a wet road.
- A strip of land separating traffic going in opposite directions.
- The privilege of the immediate use of the highway. Pedestrians always have this.
- Following too close to another vehicle.
- A payment credited against the purchase price of a vehicle, which reduces the amount to be financed.
- For a vehicle that has been financed through a loan, this is the difference at any time between what a vehicle is worth at that time and the amount that is then owed on the loan.
- Abbreviation for Annual Percentage Rate. The cost of credit expressed as a yearly rate.
- A payment offered as an incentive by the manufacturer to consumers, which is usually applied by the consumer to reduce the net price of a vehicle.
- The legal document issued by the state in which the vehicle is purchased that reflects the person/entity registered with the state as its legal owner.
How did you do? Can you believe this is all from a simple drivers ed handbook? Whether you’ve been following along with my musings about the automotive world, you randomly stumbled upon this post somehow, or you’re just simply interested in cars, this is for all of you! We all are surrounded by cars everyday in some fashion, and it is my goal to give you all the information I can to make the automotive world easier for you.