As most of you know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
, and McCarthy Auto Group
is doing everything possible to support the cause! Aside from educating employees and encouraging them to donate, McCarthy Auto Group is maximizing impact by getting customers, family and friends involved in the efforts as well!
First, I wanted to give you some facts
about breast cancer to help you realize why this cause is so important:
- 1 in 8 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer
- If breast cancer continues at its current rate, 10.6 million women will die from the disease in the next 25 years
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die
These statistics are astonishing and so, so sad to think about. But the best fact of all is this: breast cancer deaths have been declining since 1990, all because of medical research that has led to early detection, better screening, increased awareness, and new treatment options. Isn’t it amazing what science can do?!
I’m very passionate about this cause and hope that you will all be moved to do your part this month.
If you’d like to get involved with McCarthy Auto Group specifically, here’s a list of what will be going down at the dealerships!
- McCarthy Auto Group will be donating $10 for each New & Used vehicle sold in October, with these proceeds being donated to the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge in downtown Kansas City
- Everyone is invited to join McCarthy Auto Group for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on October 25th at Liberty Memorial at 9:00am
- You can also donate to the cause for the cancer walk on the McCarthy group donation page, here!
- All customers have the option to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar to donate to the cause as well!
- Each McCarthy Auto Group store will be selling pink bracelets for breast cancer awareness
- A pink-wrapped Camaro will be traveling around to various locations this month, allowing customers to take a picture with the car and post to the dealership Facebook page to spread awareness
These are just a few of the ways McCarthy Auto Group will be involved in the fight against breast cancer. I know there are so many wonderful opportunities to help in this vital cause. I’d love to hear what else is going on in your communities for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Share any info you have in the comments below!